GiveCamp Grand Rapids to be Held November 13 – 15
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Emily Stoddard Furrow
November 6, 2009, Grand Rapids, Mich.—GiveCamp, which brings together volunteers to build the
technical resources of non-profit organizations, is coming to Grand Rapids from November 13 through
November 15, 2009. Over 100 software developers, designers, database administrators, and other
technology professionals will work around the clock to create websites and other tools for 23 non-profits.
The media is invited to attend, beginning with the kickoff at 5:30 pm on Friday, November 13.
GiveCamp organizers, volunteers, and nonprofit representatives will be available for interviews.
Kickoff event Friday, November 13, 2009 5:30 to 6 pm
Closing ceremony Sunday, November 15, 2009 3 pm
YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
475 Lake Michigan Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Over 100 volunteers and the following nonprofits:
- Alliance for Environmental Sustainability
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids Youth Commonwealth
- Center for Church Music
- Community Spay/Neuter Initiative Partnership (C-SNIP)
- Friends of Grand Rapids Parks
- Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore
- Good Samaritan Ministries
- Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center
- Grand Rapids Sister Cities International
- Grand Rapids Urban Young Life
- Haiti Needs You
- Hillsdale County Senior Services Center
- Institute for Global Education
- Kent County 4-H Council
- Living Water (Prison) Ministry Network
- Neighborhood Ventures
- North Kent Service Center
- Paws With A Cause
- Peer Choices Inc.
- Restorers Inc.
- The Gray Center for Social Learning and Understanding
- Volunteer Center of Greater Kalamazoo
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
GiveCamp is a volunteer-run organization that began in 2007 to connect technology professionals with
non-profit organizations. Michigan GiveCamp is one of nearly a dozen participants in this nationwide
effort to build the technical resources of non-profits. Learn more at www.MichiganGiveCamp.org.